Posted on Leave a comment

Walk 26 (Werribee Gorge Circuit)

The walk has been much better signposted in the last couple of years and there are no longer any junctions without signs and/or triangle markers. There has also been a major trail realignment beyond the swing gate (p62, at the end of the second paragraph) leading up to the Eastern Viewpoint. The trail now veers right and passes the interesting ruins of Hanson’s Farm (1871) then reaches a junction with the new Centenary Track (which heads off right to the W. James Whyte Island Reserve). Turn left (signposted) and climb the old rough vehicle track up to the top of the hill to a signposted junction with the Short Circuit Track. Further along the walk and not far beyond Lions Head Beach the trail has a fixed steel cable along the cliff, presumably to reduce the possibility of someone slipping into the water.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *